Recent News
Sandals Resorts Bahamas Deaths

Sandals will add carbon monoxide detectors after 3 deaths in Bahamas

Sandals Resorts said it had installed carbon monoxide detectors in all guest rooms in Sandals Emerald Bay in the Bahamas, where three American tourists died earlier this month and a fourth became ill.

The company, which operates a 16-acre resort throughout the Caribbean, said in a statement that it would re-install equipment in rooms throughout its facilities. Sandals also said it had brought in environmental experts to “completely review all systems everywhere.”

“Ensuring the safety and well-being of our guests and team members is a priority and will always be important,” the statement said.

The company’s announcement on Wednesday came after local media, including the Nassau Guardian and the Tribune, reported that carbon monoxide had killed visitors at the Exuma lounge. The letters did not say where they came from, and police have not yet revealed the cause of his death. Sandals directed questions about autopsy results to authorities in the Bahamas.

“This information did not come from the police,” said Audley Peters, an assistant superintendent of police and spokesman for the Royal Bahamas Police Force. “Our investigation is ongoing.”

Officials have identified May 6’s death as a married couple, Michael Phillips, 68, and Robbie Phillips, 65, of Tennessee; and Vincent Chiarella, a 64-year-old Florida man. His wife, Donis Chiarella, 65, was rushed to a hospital in Miami. Michael and Robbie Phillips own a tourism company focused on Sandals Resorts.

Three Americans died mysteriously in a five-star resort in the Bahamas

“We are still saddened by the unimaginable incident that took place at the Sandals Emerald Bay Resort earlier this month which resulted in the deaths of three people, including two members of our community who are tourist advisers, and the recovery of a fourth visitor,” Sandals Resorts said. statement.

Four visitors to the clinic complained of nausea and vomiting the day before their deaths, the Washington Post reported earlier. The three deceased guests were found unresponsive to their old age homes, which Sandals said were part of the same building.

“Despite initial speculation, Bahamian authorities concluded that the cause was a separate incident in a two-room guest room and was not in line with the local air-conditioning system, food and beverage service, land reform services or malpractice,” the company said.

The State Department said in a statement that it had “closely monitored” the local investigation.

News Reporter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *